7 ozor 220g entire wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3floz or 100ml oil
6oz or 185g brown sugar
4 tbspcornstarch or cornflour
6 medium bananas (very ripe is pleasant)
2 tbsp molasses (non-compulsory)
Raisins and chopped nuts (non-compulsory)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp clove
1 tsp vanilla extract (can also use vanilla essence)
- Preheat oven to 350oF, a hundred and eightyoC or fuel mark three.
- Grease medium loaf tins. Line the tins with greaseproof paper.
- Place all the substances in a food processor within the order they’re listed and process for 20 seconds.
- Finally add the raisins and chopped nuts, if you are including these, and process for a similarly five seconds.
- Place within the two loaf tins. Sprinkle with greater cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for fifty mins or till an inserted skewer comes out easy.
- Lift out onto racks and permit to chill.
Banana Peanut Bread
four ripe bananas (mashed)
1 lb or 450 g flour
eight ozor 225 g sugar
4 oz.Or 110 g vegan margarine
4 tbspcornstarch or corn flour
4½ ozor 125 g peanuts (beaten)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract (also can use vanilla essence)
½ tsp grated nutmeg
three ouncesor 75 g raisins (chopped)
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until fluffy; add cornstarch or corn flour.
- Sift collectively flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with mashed bananas peanuts and nutmeg. Mix nicely and pour into a greased baking tin.
- Add chopped raisins and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
12 ouncesor 375 g vegan margarine
2 tsp vanilla extract (can also use vanilla essence)
8 ouncesor 250g brown sugar
6 tbspcornstarch or cornflour
four oz.Or 120ml water or coconut water
8ozor 225 g grated coconut
1 lb or 450 g flour
Dash cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
three ozor one hundred g raisins (non-compulsory)
three oz.Or one hundred g glacé cherries (non-obligatory)
Garnish: Light brown sugar, grated coconut and cherries
- Preheat oven to 325oF, one hundred sixtyoC or gas mark 3.
- Grease two small loaf tins. Line the tins with greaseproof paper.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor within the order they’re indexed sifting within the flour and reserving 4 tablespoons of grated coconut. Process for 20 seconds.
- Add the raisins in case you are such as those and process for a in addition 5 seconds.
- Place the mixture in the loaf tins in same amounts.
- Make a ditch down the centre of the bread and fill with most of the reserved coconut, overlaying it with the mixture in order that it’s miles within the center of the completed breads. This may be spiced up with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg and a bit sugar to flavor.
- Sprinkle the pinnacle with sugar, the rest of the reserved grated coconut and cherries, if the use of.
- Bake inside the centre of the oven for approximately an hour or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Lift onto racks and funky.